Could you be our new IT Procurement Consultant?
We are looking to appoint a Senior IT Procurement Consultant to work with our clients and take ownership of several high-profile accounts
Due to ongoing demand across the globe, this Senior IT Procurement Consultant position will support our clients from a procurement perspective on typical BAU activities such as RFPs and contract renewals, through to navigating major IT transformation programmes.
You’ll need to be a polished and slick presenter, capable of engaging with challenging suppliers and demanding stakeholders at the highest level. You’ll also have a comprehensive background spanning the whole gamut of IT procurement, plus the ability to see and seize business development opportunities as they present themselves.
As Senior IT Procurement Consultant you’ll provide advice to our clients across the technology sourcing and IT transformation lifecycle from sourcing strategy, operating model development, procurement and transition, to post-deal services and contract-value assurance.
In return, you’ll get to work in a truly meritocratic environment and be rewarded through commission and bonuses for the value you add and bring to the business as well as the opportunity to build a team around you.
Our business is highly entrepreneurial with a flat structure, giving our employees the ability to work autonomously – both in terms of working pattern, location and diary management – and this role will play a key part in our future growth and the realization of our ambition.
Headquartered in Reading, our staff are encouraged to come into the office one day per week for collaboration purposes, but the role will offer flexibility with the opportunity to work from home and on client sites, both domestically and possibly internationally.
As Senior IT Procurement Consultant your key responsibilities will be:
- Leading the development of proposed operating models, sourcing strategies, roadmaps, implementation plans and robust business cases for the functional areas of IT and transformational change programmes.
- Assisting clients through the supplier selection process to procurement and contract signature.
- Leading the development of planned service scope, service levels and establishing the contract and service delivery governance framework for future state operations.
- Supporting the client through the service transition and IT operating model transformation process. Taking on key roles overseeing and managing transformation and transition activities.
- Leading post-contract governance activities including the design of the retained organization and transition to new ways of working.
- Conducting value assurance reviews of existing service agreements.
Your IT Procurement skills and experience will include:
- Strong knowledge of the content of IT outsourcing contracts, best practices in this area and the process for negotiating a sourcing contract.
- Demonstrable knowledge of how technology sourcing and operating models need to adapt because of the impact of recent technology changes such as, but not restricted to, Cloud, Agile or Automation.
- Experience in system selection, primarily ERP or finance systems.
- Strong understanding of the IT Function of a large organization.
- Strategic IT Procurement experience in any of the following:
- Industry: sourcing or procurement experience, working in a FTSE 250 organization.
- Service provider: experience in a service provider environment, typical roles might include Service Delivery Manager, Transition Manager or Solution Manager.
- Consultancy: experience in IT/Sourcing/Service Management.
- Degree educated (MCIPS desirable).
Benefits of the Senior IT Procurement Consultant role include:
- Basic salary: Dependent on experience.
- Pension plan: 5% employer, 3% employee.
- Annual bonus: > 10% based on company performance.
- BD commission scheme: Sales commission structure based on lead and sale, existing customer vs new customer.
- Annual leave: 25 days with the option to either buy or sell 3 days.
If you think you could be our new Senior IT Procurement Consultant please get in touch. You can contact Procurement Heads directly to apply or you are welcome to contact us if you would like more information about ITAA.